MUSIC IN THE CHURCH SHOULD BE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD
The following are some principles and guidelines we encourage Christians to follow:
- The words should be easy to be understood, that proclaim a biblical truth.
- The melody is the tune, and is meant to bring glory to God.
- The harmony is to portray the peace of God and affects our feelings, emotions and mood.
- The music that glorifies God is one of a sweet harmony, with clarity of sound, clarity of words, clarity of direction, clarity of spirit, with the absence sensual desires.
- Music should feed your spirit.
- Music should point us to the holiness of God.
We believe the issue is not primarily what instrument is used, as much as how the instrument is used.