PONDERING YOUR EXISTENCE?
1) WHERE DID WE COME FROM?
- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness (Gen. 1:26a)
- I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps. 139:14a)
2) DOES GOD REALLY CARE ABOUT ME?
King David asked that very question.
- When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? (Ps. 8:3-4a)
- I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. (Pro. 8:17)
3) HOW DOES GOD REVEAL HIMSELF TO US TODAY?
- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Rom. 10:17)
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16)
The Holy Bible is readily available to answer our questions concerning every area of life, both now and in the future.
4) WHY DID JESUS COME INTO THE WORLD?
- For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Lk. 19:10)
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Jn. 3:16)
Jesus’ mission is to save (rescue, receive and restore) repentant people until himself.
5) WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23)
- As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one (Rom. 3:10)
We all are sinners.
ADMIT you are a sinner.
6) WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
- Repent ye, and believe the gospel. (Mk. 1:15b)
- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31b)
BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
7) WHAT AM I TO BELIEVE?
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Rom. 5:8)
- For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1 Cor. 15:3-4)
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. (1 John 1:9a)
CONFESS your sins.
8) WHAT NEXT?
- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom. 10:13
- If you are ready to turn from your sin and put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, ask Him. You can word a prayer such as this (but it is not the words you use that save you; you must be sincere in asking Him for forgiveness): Dear Lord Jesus: I know I am a sinner. Please forgive me for my sins. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour.
- After you have asked the Lord to save you, the next step is baptism by immersion.
Then they that gladly received his word were baptized. (Acts 2:41a)
Call Pastor Birner and share with him the joy of your salvation and to make arrangements to be baptized!